Thread: Coal power
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 03:32 PM   #41 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
solar

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I happened to look up what's cheapest overall to install, fuel, maintain while getting my associates in applied science for power plant operations.

If they had bothered to look anything up beyond the name plate watts install cost then they would know solar isn't the cheapest, it's not even a cheaper way to generate power.
It's one of the most expensive ways to generate power aside from oil and thermoelectric.

What other explanation is there?
I see 2 possibilities
1 They are brainwashed, ignorant, misinformed, useful idiots
2 They are knowingly repeating a lie in the hopes that if they repeat it enough times it will become true.
3 I'm open to additional possibles.

Germany is mandating solar be installed. Their electrical costs to consumers have gone up to 150% of original compared to 10 years ago.
By the time they hit their goals they will likely more than double the price of electricity.
I agree that up-front capital outlays for solar can be high,but if you look at the life-cycle-cost of the facility,after the plant is amortized out you move into a situation where everything is paid for,and your 'fuel' is free.
And it's carbon-free,which is the whole point.
Don't burn the hydrocarbons,use them to create long-lived,durable synthetics.They're to precious!

redpoint5 (10-17-2018)