View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 03:44 AM   #3292 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
There was a television ad for two corporation commissioners and I recognized the table PBS uses for debates and the moderator, but they blurred their opponents. They had a debate? I am watching it, but PBS does not allow you to speed up (or slow down) playback. I downloaded it, but my player does not allow that, either. I tried to upload it to YouTube, but I will probably finish watching it at 1x before it finishes uploading.

People talk about solar being cheaper, but one of the candidates claimed that solar costs 2.5 copper per kilowatt-hour, while conventional electricity costs 5 coppers.

How come California has more solar than Arizona, but electricity costs 40% more?

One of her opponents said that solar is the cheapest energy source during the work day, but people come home, the sun sets, and we still need electricity.

I rage quit when the lady said "We can use batteries!"

Oil Pan has said that batteries double the cost of solar. People have debated or refuted many things that he has said, but nobody has contradicted that point.

Do the batteries last as long as solar panels?

The one candidate keeps saying that big companies refuse to come to Arizona because we do not have renewable energy.

Couldn't the big companies cover their roofs and parking lots with solar?

She also keeps saying "We have no renewable energy."

Third in the country...

[Edit] That candidate said at least twice that the corporation commission doubled, and tripled electrical bills. I came back because I realized she actually said "Doubled, tripled, and quadrupled."

Do I need to ask for a source? Is that even possible? Quadrupled over how many years?

Fifty?

Chooseenergy.com says that the average rate in Arizona is 12.92¢. The cheapest in the country is 9.68¢ in Louisiana. They want us to believe that Arizonans paid 3.23¢ recently, one third the cheapest rate?

Last edited by Xist; 10-19-2018 at 05:35 AM..