View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 12:31 PM   #3298 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

The former mayor of my city, knew as a guy who make things turn into gold after he touch (very good dealing with money and investments) died this year, and he and his family was owner of a university. This year they are finishing a large solar panel field in a large area by side of the university campus. They said the solar field will save money and pay itself in some years by generating equivalent energy for what is consumed by the university.

I honestly don't believe that such "money maker" skilled people (despite suspicious character) would invest in solar energy if they saw the energy produced per month as less economic than the energy payed from the power grid. They would not get fooled easily...

If John B. Goodenough & Maria Helena Braga's battery works, even if it stay in just 3 times the energy o actual best lithium batteries, and it get really more than 23.000 cycles, battery lifespan will be a problem from the past.

According some articles from skeptics I saw, the alleged growing power density after dozens of recharges, can be due electrolity polarization working as a capacitor. I saw articles of skeptics that said the power will never reach 10 or 20 times the capacity of the actual lithium batteries, since the lab batteries, according hin, use much more electrolyte proportions than factory batteries. So maybe the only "scam" about it it's just the electrolyte proportion.

I have some faith in Braga & Goodenough battery. Even if it get just 2x or 3x the power density of actual best lithium batteries, if would be a revolution, allowing use of sodium, geting much cheaper, fast recharge, not flamable, working in cold or hot conditions, providing way much more charge cycles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
The problem with solar is people like to only look at grid scale utility installed name plate prices per watt.
That means they only look at installed capacity versus price.
They don't look at total production versus price, they try to stay away from that one.

Last edited by All Darc; 10-19-2018 at 01:03 PM..