View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 01:01 AM   #3378 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
Replacement costs of nonrenewable resources need to be recovered to pay for the replacements. Polution and other sink costs must be added to place a real value in the market. Every person must get an equal share of the value of all means of production and resource extraction as a basic income. Higher education and standard of living with assured care for the elderly and availablity of contrception will bring the birth rate into line with the death rate so we can begin to taper back down.
That's exactly what I just said would collapse the economy; everyone getting "equal share", regardless of contribution. If I get an equal share regardless, then my contribution is ZERO. Heck, might as well light some things on fire while you're doin nothing. Consider it a contribution to society because a bad idea killed quickly is better.

Our education is a joke. We teach young people that their infantile nature is a virtue. Nobody needs it.

How do you value a non-renewable resource if the opportunity cost is infinite? It's a good question, but I don't think humanity is smart enough to grapple with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
"My fellow Americans, effective right now there is an additional $10 per gallon fuel surcharge.
There's no need for such legislation to be so extreme. You implement very gradual tax increase over long periods of time, and announce years in advance what those increases will be, and the market will hardly notice. Combine that with international cooperation, and alternatives to fossil fuels becomes an inevitability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I tried looking up how many legal immigrants entered the U.S. in 2017, but just found the normal immigration noise.

I do not know how many people immigrated illegally, but do not discount those that followed procedure.
Of course, you knew that there is no data on illegal immigration; which is one of the defining features of being illegal, that they are unaccounted for.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 10-22-2018 at 02:08 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (10-24-2018)