View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 12:12 PM   #3385 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
The big improvement from a basic income would come to women in the underdeveloped world where this would hopefully help them break their dependency on an abusive, male dominated system which forces high fertility rates. It only takes a couple grand per year to make an African woman independant for life.

Who's oil is it anyway? Just because you alone have the means to dig it up doesn't make it yours.
I tend to agree with your premise, that fertility rates would decrease in Africa with a basic income (and basic education / access to contraceptives). I'm not up on African culture enough to know if women are regularly abused or dominated by oppressive men. More income might increase fertility too. Certainly better healthcare would increase infant (and mother) survivability.

Just because you alone built a house doesn't make it yours... I'm coming over for dinner and might stay the night.

If I do anything with my hands (and mind), the output of that action belongs to me unless I voluntarily forfeit a portion of that output. I must pay for infrastructure that allows me to be productive, such as roads, police, military protection, etc. Outside entities trying to gain that output by force are simple marauders, and violent resistance is justified. I will not Feel the Bern.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 10-22-2018 at 12:32 PM..