View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 12:49 PM   #3433 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
I keep seeing interpreting these comments as incitement to civil war, not necessarily that violence is what is being called for, but Big Brother would inevitably result in a level of violence that would make the Civil War appear tame. It could never happen here because nobody could win an election based on a policy of reduced economic output and lower standards of living. It would take a dictator seizing power.

The thing is, I find it more important to take care of the people who exist now, than to fret about people who don't yet exist yet in the future. It's not that future people don't matter, it's that current people have needs that are more easily identified and addressed now. The further into the future you try to help people, the less precise you will be at correctly identifying their needs and being able to address them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
If Goodenough & Braga battery get mass production in 3 or 4 years, maybe electric cars get even cheaper than internal combustion engine cars.
After all, it will just require a electric motor (maybe on wheels), a battery. No tranmission, no carburator, distributer, or much oils system.

I hope they change the basic car design of ICB cars, instead of just keep it and add electric motors and battery. There is a whole range of possibilities to change design of cars when we thing in the electric energy field.
If autonomous systems can make vehicles avoid crashes rather than simply survive them, then it opens up a lot of design possibility. I expect seat belt and airbag laws to disappear within my lifetime. When personal vehicles achieve the safety of busses, those devices don't make sense anymore. It would be like carrying a parachute on an airplane, just in case.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (10-27-2018)