View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 02:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Michael Moore
EcoModding Apprentice

The Dreamliner was very much a conventional design of the time with that near vertical windscreen. It appears the design brief was 1) look cool for the article 2) showcase the newfangled glass fiber material and 3) weather protection for the rider. Economy was a welcome result, but not a main design criterion.

I like the closing comment: "Probably the greatest obstacle to the general adoption of streamlining is prejudice -- the enemy of progress, the antithesis of reason." I see a lot of that prejudice is still around 60 years later. There's a lot of similarities between sheep and motorcyclists -- no one wants to get away from the crowd/look different.

I'm glad the article is appreciated. If more of the modern m/c journalists were like Vic I might still have 10-15 magazine subscriptions. But they aren't, and so I've let all but one lapse because I'm tired of reading lifestyle articles or technical articles that are full of very obvious errors (which the journalists have no concern about fixing/preventing).

cheers,
Michael