View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 09:15 PM   #3504 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,387 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
I have such little time each week on the computer,it would be a big favor if you would either re-post the data,or give a link.Otherwise,I just slip further behind.
Is it a self-imposed limitation on internet, or do you not have internet available at your abode. I can get you a laptop if you just don't have a computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
You might consider those who died from rapidly-intensifying storms which 'came out of nowhere' recently.
With less anthropogenic carbon dioxide in the atmosphere,additional heat which made it into the Gulf of Mexico,might have dissipated into space,leaving cooler Gulf waters.Since it didn't,there was more available heat energy for hurricanes like Michael and Yutu.
Some say that we have benefited from global warming overall. Certainly we have benefited since the globe has been warming 14,000 years ago. Many more die of cold than from excessive heat.

The trick is determining what the ideal temperature is, all things considered, and then determining if keeping it near that temperature is feasible or beneficial given what we would have to sacrifice to achieve that temperature.

I don't dismiss the possibility/probability that some storms are more violent due to warming, but is it worse than the alternative of being too cold?

I tend to believe we have benefited from the warming, even to this day, especially given some predict continued net benefit until 2080, at which point we will have net negative consequences.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (10-30-2018)