View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 10:13 AM   #56 (permalink)
NeilBlanchard
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
We brought my better.bike PEBL home on Saturday! It was during a nor'easter; though a relatively mild one.

It is now home!

On Sunday, I went on my first trip - to help my brother prepare to move. My spouse took a picture and a couple of very brief videos:

My round trip was about 32-33 miles - I don't have the speedometer working yet, so I am estimating based on Google Maps. The battery is nominally 48V, and is 64Ah; so 3kWh. I started with it fully charged at 54.5V, and finished with it at 46.1V. As I understand it, it is fully discharged at ~42V. I mostly used the 1500w mode, which tops out at about 23MPH on flat ground.

I pedaled at some startups, and up the steeper slopes, to assist the motor, and reduce the electrical consumption. I had to tighten the motor drive chain, when I got home - it was quite loose. The chain is hopefully done stretching, and I tightened things up as much as I dared. I now know to bring two 7/16" wrenches with me.

I recharged it, and I don't know what the kWh's it used, because I couldn't locate my Kill-A-Watt meter.

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to NeilBlanchard For This Useful Post:
skyking (11-04-2018)