View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 01:18 PM   #3530 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,222 Times in 4,649 Posts
internet/benefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Is it a self-imposed limitation on internet, or do you not have internet available at your abode. I can get you a laptop if you just don't have a computer.

Some say that we have benefited from global warming overall. Certainly we have benefited since the globe has been warming 14,000 years ago. Many more die of cold than from excessive heat.

The trick is determining what the ideal temperature is, all things considered, and then determining if keeping it near that temperature is feasible or beneficial given what we would have to sacrifice to achieve that temperature.

I don't dismiss the possibility/probability that some storms are more violent due to warming, but is it worse than the alternative of being too cold?

I tend to believe we have benefited from the warming, even to this day, especially given some predict continued net benefit until 2080, at which point we will have net negative consequences.
Having internet at home would blow my budget such that I'd never make it back to DARKO in 2020.Losing 15-years of effort.

I'm dedicating about 60-hours a week to EcoModder.Even if I had a computer and internet at home,I'd have no more time than I have now to look at it.
As to the cold,I've camped at -30F in my tent,in Colorado,with no heat other than metabolic.
If I lived in the Michigan peninsula,or Ontario,I'd have to structure my behavior around the local environment.And I wouldn't ask El Salvadoreans to die of renal failure from my tailpipe as is happening today.
One can dress for the cold,but one cannot get more naked than naked.
If we have to gamble the planet for the sake of those who choose to live in four-season climes,there's gonna be a discussion.
The ideal temp was probably 58-F.