View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 05:37 PM   #3544 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,342 Times in 4,746 Posts
how far

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Fall into the weather is climate trap again?

Also thats not land falling hurricanes. How far back do these records go for this new fangled "cyclone energy" whatever?
Bet it doesn't go back to 1885, probably goes back to what, the 1970s?

How do we know the water wasn't this warm and had this many storms back around 1900?
We dont.
So when the facts don't fit the predetermined out come just change the rules, throw out some red herrings?

Also 1992 they went a through z for named storms. Last time I checked there was more than 22 letters in the alphabet.

The weather channel also said to expect more major storms making land fall due to warmer waters and changing jet stream but this hypothesis goes against historical trend we have seen since the middle of last century.

I just presented the definitive text book example of unaltered climate change proof, why deny it?
They mention 'reliable' records,which they've cut off prior to 1971.
We know the water temperatures back hundreds of thousands of years.
That new-fangled thing is an analog to ice mass vs ice extent,it has everything to do with storm magnitude.You could have a CAT-5 hurricane that lasted for 5-hours,with less total energy that a CAT-1 which lasted for 2-weeks,like Olivia.
I don't really give a s-- if they're land falling or not.This is not a homocentric universe.It's not germane.Oscar is being tracked and it won't be a land falling storm,but it's a storm,which IS germane.There are ocean-going vessels that would be happy for the data.
Again,you're using a single metric(hurricanes) for which to define a subject which encompasses a myriad of phenomena.
Facts are just that.They don't need an agenda in order to exist.
Where did you present anything definitive? I've looked your posts all day and haven't seen a thing!
But you're right.You've never made a mistake in your entire life.Millions of lives have been saved by your spot-on forecasts,predictions, and tireless devotion to scientific research,of course at your own personal expense,since you might not want to be seduced by corrupt grant money.Higher education? Why bother.P.hD.s? You hate them all.You've told us so.They're all just a bunch of liberal leftist,tree-hugging,green-weenie,commie-pinkos,out to destroy free enterprise,personal freedom,and take your consumer preferences away from you.Pure evil! Pleased to meet you.