Thread: Poor Girl's Car
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 04:44 PM   #42 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Car is with me until Sunday when the friend comes down to pick it up. It's already titled (reconstructed) and licensed in Oregon. About $230 in DMV fees.

Seems absolutely pristine, and a heck of a deal at $7,000. The Russian guy even went to the DMV to help with the title process and then bought the friend a coffee afterwards (probably doesn't hurt that she's pretty).

If you want to know anything about a Ford C-Max hybrid SEL, I've got until Sunday to figure it out. Probably won't drive it much though; certainly not a full tank of fuel.
Glad it worked out for her. If she can destroy the planetary gearset in the CMax she has a special gift for destruction.

It is funny you mentioned she bought it from a Russian guy. I was talking to the owner of an airport shuttle service and he claimed that Russians have a lock on supplying taxies in the greater Portland Metro. Apparently they go up and down the west coast buying low mileage wrecked Prius from insurance auctions, fix them, and sell them with reconstructed titles to the taxi companies.