View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 11:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
EVDRVR
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennelson View Post
Welcome!

Head straight over to the Fossil-Fuel Free forum to read up on the Forkenswift, my electric Metro conversion, and MPaulHolmes Electric Bug!

I would also be interested in more information on your gel cell batteries.

I am using Deka Dominator gel cells in my conversion and would love any advice on charging them, amp limiting, etc.

-Ben N.
Thank you all for the welcome.

Ben point me to the final specs on your vehicle. The thread I found will take me longer to read than it takes to convert a car. You have a big following

I can give you the charge profile used by Solectria for the Deka Dominator Gel G27 which is still the Solectria (now Azure) recommended battery for the Force AC power system. I think Deka uses the Dominator name for both gel and agm batteries in that series. Acceptable use and charging characteristics being very different. Deka makes great batteries and sells them under a lot of labels, Deka, MK, Gel-Tech......mine were Gel Tech

For reasons that do not reflect poorly on the Deka battery I now have Greensaver SP-68's in my car. A very similar but slightly different gel battery. I have almost 2000 miles on them and they are working extremely well
Silicone Batteries USA

The posted picture is like mine. But I try not to park in a crowd. I'll try to post a picture one of these days but if you've seen a white 97 Metro 4 door with 5 spoke after market wheels and no badging (of any kind) you know what it looks like. I think the Force perhaps sits a bit lower than a stock Metro. Solectria did re-spring the rear for the weight added back there.

Thanks,

EVDRVR