View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 10:31 AM   #3634 (permalink)
Vman455

Pope Pious the Prius - '13 Toyota Prius Two
Team Toyota
SUV
90 day: 51.62 mpg (US)

Tycho the Truck - '91 Toyota Pickup DLX 4WD
90 day: 22.22 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,804 Times in 941 Posts
There are many problems with our healthcare system, especially in the US, but its scientific basis is not one of them.The human body is an incredibly complex organism, and the fact that we're able to do what we can never ceases to amaze me.

For instance, less than a year ago I had a doctor shoot a laser into my eyes, and now I can see perfectly.

For another, my mother was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in 2005, a particularly aggressive cancer with a 100% mortality rate. She's still alive today because a new lenalidomide treatment was approved the same year. When that stopped working earlier this year, she underwent an experimental FDA trial that removed her T-cells, wiped out her immune system with chemotherapy, then reinjected modified T-cells. Her cancer cell blood count went from over 50% to less than 1% in three weeks.

Examples like that are only possible as the result of well-established scientific inquiry and processes. If you feel like your particular malady isn't being addressed effectively, do something about it rather than complain that the whole field is quackery. Because it isn't.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vman455 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-10-2018), RedDevil (11-10-2018)