View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 09:33 AM   #3646 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

Please tell, or stop me, if i get too far or sound unkind, since your mother have cancer. I hope she get better.

Was this FDA experiment without a placebo group?

O Brazil there was pioneer experiments for something similar, but not for cancer. It's called immunologic reset. They used to treat autoimune condition as multiple exclerosis and diabetes type one in very early stages. They took some stem cell that regenerates immunlogic system, then they try to destroy the patient imunologic system using radiation or chemotherapy, and then reinject the stem cell back to the patient, and the stem cell would regeneraters the imune system, creating a new immune system that in theory should be free from the autoimune-memory that leaded to the autoimune disease. But in practice the disease returns some months or years later. And the therapy it's dangerous like a bonne marrow transplant, since it kills imune system and the patietn get risk of infection until the stem cells injected rebuilt it again. Even with perfect sterilized room there is risk, since we carry a lot of bacterias and virus that can insureact against us if we get very low or non imune system activity.

My complaim of medicine is that it could be better if they wasn't so greed, if giant companies was more focused on science advance rather than just money, and if doctors was more honest and less arrogant.

If people was aware of the craps on medicine, they could do worldwide protest demanding more serious approachs, serious research for science advance and not to sell drugs.
If people still believe medicine it's ok, if they still get happy with some documentary (that shows researchs that latter fails almost always) selling the ilusion medicine it's advancing a lot, things won't change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman455 View Post
For another, my mother was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in 2005, a particularly aggressive cancer with a 100% mortality rate. She's still alive today because a new lenalidomide treatment was approved the same year. When that stopped working earlier this year, she underwent an experimental FDA trial that removed her T-cells, wiped out her immune system with chemotherapy, then reinjected modified T-cells. Her cancer cell blood count went from over 50% to less than 1% in three weeks.

Examples like that are only possible as the result of well-established scientific inquiry and processes. If you feel like your particular malady isn't being addressed effectively, do something about it rather than complain that the whole field is quackery. Because it isn't.

Last edited by All Darc; 11-10-2018 at 09:52 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-10-2018)