View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 12:59 PM   #3686 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Laws of Physics say that no energy or matter can be created or destroyed. Gases are not "created" in their stomachs, and so they do not change the level of gases in the air. The cycle of life is continuous. Cattle have existed for millions of years - and they do not cause climate change.
Organisms have impacted climate and caused change since the beginning of life.

Methane is a greenhouse gas that contributes to warming, and has a halflife of something like 10 years, at which point turns into CO2 and water; so still greenhouse gasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Nuclear energy is not workable - we have only just begun to pay for the decommissioning. They lied about nuclear energy - they said it would be TOO CHEAP TO METER. And it has endangered us all with the constant threat of total destruction - North Korea and Iran and Israel and Pakistan and India are all very problematic. And so is our country, and Russia.
Once the cat is out of the bag, there is no putting it back in. As technology makes the human species more powerful, there will be increasing threat to humanity for those who wish to use it for evil. Nuclear weapons are here, and they will stay. We can decide to use the technology to do something productive (produce useful energy), or we can resign the technology to destructive purposes.

Nuclear energy and nuclear weapons are not synonymous.

Who do you think lied about saying it would be too cheap to meter? Keep in mind a lie requires 2 things; the thing being stated is incorrect, and the intent was to deceive.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-14-2018)