View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 06:06 PM   #3856 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,221 Times in 4,648 Posts
cosmic connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by niky View Post
Citation needed.

Seriously.

Because I doubt you actually read through whatever you read.

Because here:

Cosmic Rays and Climate | ScienceBits

...the author very clearly acknowledges that anthropogenic-led warming is still real, and discusses the contributions of cosmic rays on a geological time scale (read: predictable, cyclical variations). The only argument here is the percentage of recent warming caused by cosmic rays. That doesn't seem at all like a repudiation of AGW. So I sincerely hope you will share your find with us.

Also, LOL, El Nino is a known factor. The cyclical variation between El Nino and La Nina are what caused the "pause" that denialists kept harping about in the last decade... it's already a known factor.

-

As an aside, I've been hearing about the link between cosmic rays and mass extinctions for the longest time. Interesting stuff.
Something shared in SCIENCE,was that at some time,the general circulation models were predicting warming which was not occurring.
The solar physics community stepped up,attempting to explain the discrepancy via solar activity.
Not long thereafter,someone included cooling from sulfate aerosols,originating from volcanoes and coal-fired power plants into the computational models,and they finally got a fit.The solution had been hiding in plain view.
From Ockham's razor,there was no longer a need for decreased solar activity as an explanation for lower temperature signature,as they now had a basically,full accounting for the causal relationship between greenhouse gases and warming.
We are presently a degree warmer than indicated,but until awhile after the coal-fired power plants are shutdown and the particulates have time to settle out,we won't see it.

The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
niky (11-21-2018)