View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 12:58 AM   #3884 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Saving the world with toilet water!

So, apparently this genius invention was designed by someone who failed to adjust to life after prison:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...tpwwwyout05-20

I have so many questions! Why do they charge $80 for a small piece of cheap plastic?! They say it is one-size-fits-all, but why doesn't a single review claim it actually fit their tank?! Where did they find so many people intolerant of using warm water?!

So, you need to modify it to fit your toilet, but that voids your warranty! Brilliant!

From a three-star review; he hates it, but the wife loves it, so they compromised and kept it: "Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to wash your hands under the tiny faucet before it shuts off."

Making fun of things is fun!

Here in Show Low it costs .289¢ per gallon and you could purchase 27,681.661 gallons of water for $80. If my toilet uses three gallons per flush, I would need to use it 9,227 times to break even. It does not specify how long the warranty is and surprisingly, nobody has asked. Someone asked about washing your hands with warm water and people acted like he or she was an idiot. Curiously, they insulted the person who asked the question, but referred to actual information: https://news.rutgers.edu/handwashing...germs/20170529

So, all of the weird kids that insist on washing with cold water were apparently right all along.

If hot water does not clean hands better than cold water, then how much energy is wasted by heating water used for washing hands and how much water is wasted warming it before you wash your hands?

I also found statistics that 18% of home energy use went to heating water. If you use a solar water heater, wouldn't you need a conventional water heater for nighttime use?

The Following User Says Thank You to Xist For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-28-2018)