View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 04:14 PM   #66 (permalink)
NeilBlanchard
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
I have now ridden in my PEBL a bit over 300 miles, and getting a better understanding of it. I covered a slot in the right front inner fender, that was letting water and gravel get on some wiring connections. And the rear wheel also has an issue with wet leaves and schmutz building up around the swing arm pivot, which for some reason caused the motor to become intermittent.

I have not managed to get the speedometer I bought, to work consistently. The angle of the kingpin strut and the wheel camber are not allowing the clearance between the spoke magnet and the sensor to be close enough consistently. I may try to find another speedometer that has a better pickup design.

I have a nice cover now, that is made for a 2 seat golf cart that fits quite well. This keeps the inside dry, and it keeps frost off the windshield - which is hard to clear, because it is Lexan. The most common challenge I have in colder weather is fogging on the inside of the windows. The best solution I have found is a towel, and opening the side window zippers a bit.

I have found the motor drive chain has stopped stretching - I had to adjust it 4 times, and it is now staying snug.

I have ridden it over snow - the smooth tires don't have much grip, unless the snow is soft / shallow enough to let the tire tough the ground.

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to NeilBlanchard For This Useful Post:
Frank Lee (11-28-2018)