View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 12:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
easythereturbo
EcoModding Lurker

I have read results which show not more than a couple of percent difference between the two voltages in losses. I suspect my "120v" supply is less than half of the voltage of the 240 in this particular building. I haven't verified this but the outlets are at the far end of the property compared to the source.

Charger cooling cutting in to the charge time is a variable I had no idea existed. I guess that could be it too.

I have tried fast charge a few times. There are plenty within a few minutes drive of me but 99.75% I stick with affordable night rate at home, to try to make this relatively expensive car pencil out versus lower priced gas competitors.

In any case I must say, the factory dealio works better than I ever would have thought at both voltages. I use nothing else, and if it were broken or stolen I would get another. Living in an apt or condo with only a 120v outlet is not necessarily a deal killer for the Bolt. The charger would still be able to get me what I need daily on 120. Same goes for anyone else with a reasonable distance commute.