View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 03:21 PM   #3948 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,222 Times in 4,649 Posts
suffering/no way/interest/big government

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
People going hungry, cold, over all general increase in suffering.
It's been proven over and over there is no way to power society with out carbon fuel.

But I'm fairly certain the powers in charge have zero interest in saving the world. Otherwise they would be replacing coal fired power plants with nuclear power stations and nuclear fuel recycling.
Not forcing the proletariat to use a little less.

The believers think that the answer to saving the world lies in big government forcing change at the bottom.
That's how a fascist or communist accomplishes things and it usually never works.
*According to fake news,millions of Americans go to bed hungry every night,in spite of all the fossil-fueled energy available.
*Can you cite at least two instances in which any modern society has attempted to divorce itself from fossil fuel other than in 'Atlas Shrugged'?
'Over and over' implies at least two attempts.
*It's glaringly obvious,at least in the United States,that the administration currently in charge,has virtually zero interest in saving the world.
In 2016,natural gas overtook coal as the primary fuel source for electrical power generation.I can't say anything about the current Nuclear power situation.The media isn't saying anything.
*As to the proletariat,where I live,the utilities offer free home energy audits,and direct economic incentives to those consumers who upgrade their homes and appliances to Energy Star-rated or net-zero technology.
If that's 'forcing',then I'm all for 'forcing.'
*Wait until you see what a day without big government looks like.
*And historically,the fascists couldn't have had much success if the capitalists hadn't provided the 500-tons of tetra-ethyl lead,and refueled the U-Boats even after war was declared.And left their factories for Blitz truck and bomber production.

The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (12-06-2018)