View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
digglesauce
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
So far as fuel economy goes, it's a drop in the bucket. 1HP is ~746 watts. 35w LEDs might only be around 10w per side with low beams on, but a savings of ~35w total would then be worth only 1/20 of 1HP. If you need ~20HP to cruise on the highway that's a savings of a grand total of a quarter of a percent, or roughly 38mpg -> 38.01mpg - a hundredth of a mile per gallon.

It all adds up, of course. I have LEDs in most every other socket in my car.
So the LED bulbs I got were a savings of 20w total over stock. I am assuming that is without the draw of the fans mounted behind. I ended up going with LIGHTENING DARK brand off the suggestion of a youtube review of 10 different brands. This brand was 172% brighter than stock (which was super anemic) and the cutoff was close to factory. I adjusted my headlight height accordingly so I don't blind people and they are much better than factory!

As far as other LED bulbs, here are the numbers.
Del Sol full LED replacement list
backup light- 1156
turn signal rear- 1156
brake light- 2057r
tail light- 2057r
turn signal front- 3496
dome light- de3022
trunk light- de3021
instrument panel, ash tray, shifter light- 2721
side marker rear- 168

I removed my power steering belt because the pump was making some awful noises. There won't be an ABA available for that. I'll just have to use long term gas mileage for comparison. I know I'll get something out of it though. That will have to do until I purchase the manual rack and pinion. FYI the manual rack and pinion has a lock-to-lock of 3.88 vs the power rack and pinion with 3 turns lock-to-lock.
The Following User Says Thank You to digglesauce For This Useful Post:
Ecky (12-11-2018)