View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 10:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
razordave
EcoModding Apprentice

I put roughly a thousand miles on the car this weekend. Odometer is unfortunately still inoperable so no numbers for you guys, but I did bring the engine's new home back with me.

I'm in the process of prepping a 1999 slk230 for the turbo diesel engine. The newer car is smaller, lighter and maybe even job interview-able

I lost the 30 inch light truck tires for the return trip. I opted for the factory 205/65r15 in the rear and found that everything is better. Acceleration, braking, fuel efficiency, even the transmission seems to "just work better."

In other news, I am working on acquiring a much less molested 86 300sdl with a spare engine and transmission. If I can work that out, I will continue this thread a little more tastefully; if not, the car will dissipate back into the earth without it's only valuable part.

I'll probably make another ga to fl run or two with this car. I think better smaller tires, some air dam reinforcement, driver side fairings completion and maybe a partial kammback are in the works.
The Following User Says Thank You to razordave For This Useful Post:
slowmover (12-29-2018)