View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 03:33 PM   #4067 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
libraries,.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
MacKay's book is available in print for loan at most libraries. It is focused on the scale of possible efficiency improvements and and available energy production techniques from an engineering standpoint. Murphy is similar and published his information online. There are many others going back to "The Limits To Growth" from 1972. Richard Heinberg has written several books.
I can probably save you the trouble. I think you will find any of this too dissonant to your super optimistic view on renewables to accept.
I honestly don't understand how anyone can look at a chart from 2017 that shows that after the concerted world build out of solar for the past 10 years it still only produces .3% of total energy, can cling to wishfully thinking it can power a modern civilization at even a fraction of the current scale.
Thanks.
I'm okay with reading them.Information is information.
I have The Limits To Growth,and will crack that open when I finish Passion of the Western Mind.
I get the fact that we aren't going to alter the energy landscape in any short term scenario,however,if climate model predictions turn out,retrospectively,to have reasonably predicted what's coming,I think we'd be pleased to have moved as quickly as possible.
It would be better to apologize from a position of strength rather than run in place,as we were overwhelmed in a runaway train wreck.
We need to spend a $trillion on infrastructure anyway,we could commit some of that.Jobs.