View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 02:27 PM   #68 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.1 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
A trailer on a straight road is just fine. Take it to the mountains, through a mix of curves, slopes, changing road conditions and unpredictable traffic and wet roads... Hell.

I take half an hour out after 2 hours of driving, typically. And I don't like to drive more than 4 hours a day anyway over here. I've been to the States. I can see myself drive all day in Nevada. But here, with our busy and constantly changing and merging roads it would tire me down.

Oddly enough I could ride a bike all day for weeks on end... To Portugal, to Corsica, to the west of France, to the Alps. But somehow a motorbike immerses you and leaves no room for anything else.
I never get the feeling of becoming one with a car. Somehow it wears me down faster.

But even if you'd like to take just a quarter of an hour after 4 hours of driving you could get to 80% at a supercharger with less than half an hour extra. Two stops like that would cost you less than an hour extra per day. The third stop would be the overnight stay.
I cannot see how that would be a bigger problem than going through all the effort and cost of building and maintaining a pusher trailer.
Especially if you'd only use it a couple of times per year.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 12-13-2018 at 02:51 PM..