Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 09:14 AM   #548 (permalink)
ldjessee00
EcoModding Apprentice

The Leaf - '17 Nissan Leaf SL

Outback - '16 Subaru Outback

Vaquero - '20 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS
I looked long and hard for a new 2017 with Chademo and the better heater. I had this great rebate from my local power company that snipped $10k off the top, then we had our VW TDI money...
Dealer found one that had not shown up because it was mislabeled or something in the system that Nissan dealer's use to look for vehicles at other dealers.
It had a window tint kit applied (not that well), black leather interior and less than 14 miles on it. We didn't think we really wanted the tinting and when we noticed that it was not done well, we complained, so they just dropped the upcharge for it instead of fixing it. Didn't think we wanted the leather seats, but we have actually come around to really liking the tinting and the interior in general... and though there are some places where the tinting does not go to the edge, turns out it is in places you cannot see from the drivers seat while driving (those tiny A pillar windows are the worst).
We did find some small scratches on the paint (probably from loading or unloading getting it the 600+ miles from that dealer to mine), but the dealer fixed it and you cannot even tell (even in bright sunlight).
We have had the Leaf over a year now and will be paid off in a few months.
If there were not trees on other property to my east, west, and south, I would have pushed for panels as soon as it is paid off.. but to get year round sunlight exposure to my southern roof, I would need to convince three other people to cut down multiple very large mature trees...
I have considered putting them in the front yard, but it only helps some with the east and west and would make worse the shading during winter from the trees to the south.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ldjessee00 For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (12-14-2018), Xist (12-15-2018)