View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 07:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
AdrianD
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Those tires don't look particularly good for snow, and certainly not for MPGs. 30 MPG from a Jeep is incredible though. I had a crappy Liberty that got 18 MPG with me somewhat trying to get good fuel economy. One tank was 14 MPG.
They were ok in the snow, I can't complain. The mileage penalty was over 1L/100km, so down from 29.7 mpg full trip average to 26.4 mpg.
My original plan was to use them for winter and off-roading and they were not aggressive enough for the kind of off-road we do. My summer tires were pretty worn, so I sold the all-terrains and bought a set of Vredestein Quatrac 5. Much better suited for pavement driving, much better on the rolling resistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor95 View Post
All terrains are pretty good in the snow. I have BF Goodrich and they are incredible for snow driving. The tire in the picture has a similar tread pattern. They aren't good for fuel efficiency though. I think the OP was trying to mitigate that with the extended air dam.
They were General Grabber AT2. I really liked them but they were taking up space...growing pains while I got to learn what I want from the car. The airdam went on way before I had the AT2's

This is where I thought I could use the all-terrains...
The Following User Says Thank You to AdrianD For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (12-14-2018)