View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 03:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
Freebeard,
Learned a new word. The detailed plans are in my next post below, in text form and crude sketches/diagrams. I am unsure about extending the bottom past the bumper, was planning to extend the bumper just a bit and will tie it into the undertray, but I will ponder on that some more.

While pondering on my other construction details I also realized that given I now plan to relocate the tail lights, I can put a hinge in the outer edge where the tail lights used to be and hinge the entire tail assembly without binding. So the new adjusted plan is that the tail extension is hinged separately and not mounted to the doors nor split down the middle.

Kach22i,
Noted. I originally wanted to chop the entire roof… yeah gave up on that. The roof chop I proposed was to avoid the windows or any structural parts of the roof, just the sheet metal to keep it as simple as possible. I was trying to squeeze every last inch of taper out of the plan that I could, but I will re-evaluate whether or not it is worth the gains because as you noted I can do the project without it.

I 100% agree on focusing on what is important and doing the best I can with that. The project is intended to be phased, so that I don’t get bite off more than I can chew at one time and I minimize the time when the vehicle is “down”.