View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 10:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
old_biker
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
Diesel is fair, I remember some recient reviews of the Cruise diesel where they got over 70 mpg at 55 over a long test in normal traffic. I wonder how much 65 mph hurts or a tune and a few mods might help those Car and Driver numbers. What are the best VW TDI guys with a few mods getting?
the Chevrolet Sprint in mid late 1980's had a few versions, & 1 was for economy, the normal model, & a Turbo version.

Honda also made a special version of the CRX in early years with better mileage.

this will be slightly off topic, but probably first you will hear of it, in early 1980's Dodge & Plymouth made a car called a Omni, or Horizon, nothing special, & everyone thinks about the 2.2 liter OHC engine, however!!! they also offered a gasoline Peugeot 4 cylinder 1.6 liter cam in block in those cars, very very rare, I have 1 I started parting out, but could snap pics of engine as drivetrain is still I it. it got 45-50 with a 4 speed, always wondered what it would have done with a 5 speed over drive & tweak engine for a hair more power.