View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 11:05 PM   #26 (permalink)
razordave
EcoModding Apprentice

I was thinking we were going to get snow, so I pulled all of my ground effects off. My friend rode behind me and said he could see daylight under the car like the bottom of my conveyor belt air dam is flexing up and under the front of the car, so that will need addressed before re-installation. I'm considering a full width splitter that protrudes 1 to 2 inches forward with the trailing edge curving up to the beginning of a belly pan.

My spare tire well in the trunk hangs 3-5 inches below my hitch. I'm seriously considering pie cutting the sides of said compartment and raising it at least even with the hitch and constructing a full width diffuser.

I also removed my decklid extension, inverted it and repurposed it as a kamm back basically covering my entire rear windscreen.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mk0xij1470...70521.jpg?dl=0

I'm thinking next addition to the rear will be a spoiler similar to kach22i's s10 nascar mod. I'm leaning toward something like the z07 corvette rear spoiler where the center section is not as tall.

I found a hot rod article that states up to 2 inch tall spoiler has no drag penalty so I'm trying to figure out if I should make my spoiler 2 inches tall from the trunk lid or from the kamm?

My hood also looks significantly different than my last update, I have rerouted my exhaust through the sheetmetal. I toyed with a few different angles, diameter piping, etc but am somewhat satisfied with it's current configuration.

I also added a hood blister in the form of a cut down outboard boat engine cover. I'm not 100% commited to this idea but when I noticed exhaust soot trails moving in a curve from 8 inches inbound of the fender out to the mirror, I decided the shape should assist.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqiuqnjeok...70610.jpg?dl=0

You may notice my attempt at a gurney flap, I wanted to not trim the donor fiberglass piece as much as I did, but visibility would suffer greatly. I also didn't center the hood ornament, I wanted the exhaust to exit the top plane. I may find a wider wedge or cut this one later, I'm not yet sure. The price was right and I used the last of my duck tape, coroplast, self tappers and almost all of my t-rex tape with yesterdays toying.

Last edited by razordave; 12-27-2018 at 11:51 PM..