View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 02:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
live4soccer7
EcoModding Lurker

The car was mostly in tact. It was in a front end collision and even that collision wasn't that bad. The battery system in the back was completely gone. I grabbed the following:

Could not open the hatch/trunk

-Driver/Passenger Door Seals (near perfect condition, no tears)
-Climate Control Module
-Mirror adjustment buttons/module
-FCD Button/Module
-Driver Side Automatic Window buttons
-Gauge Cluster
-Driver and Passenger Door Actuators (those are awful to get out because of the way the rod it connected to the door handle)
-Driver and Passenger manual unlock "flippers"
-3 Injectors
-EGR Plate
-Two OEM wheels with the hub caps and good tires on them
-One other hub cap I found laying around (other two wheels were MIA)
-LOTS of extra bolts, I like to keep a stash of them at home for projects. I'm always using them for random things and I like the bolts that come on cars because they are always coated and of good quality.

I ran out of time at the yard and it is a bit cold and everything covered in snow. I did not see the O2 sensors there and they pull the cats and recycle them for the $$. I would have like to have been able to search around for the O2s a little since it was supposedly a 2000 (had AC though, didnt' think 00s came with AC). I would have also liked to have grabbed the transmission, but I DEFINITELY didn't have time for that.

Pulling the tranny looks like a bit of a PIA actually. On my VX I can have that thing unbolted from the engine in no time flat. There is hardly anything in the way.

I would have liked to have spent a couple more hours at the car, but it is winter and they close at 430 because of a lack of sunlight.

The interior paneling was fairly well tossed, so getting little clips and things wasn't really worth the time searching.

Last edited by live4soccer7; 12-28-2018 at 02:27 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to live4soccer7 For This Useful Post:
Ecky (12-28-2018)