View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 12:14 AM   #119 (permalink)
mpg_numbers_guy
Master EcoModder

Toby - '13 Toyota Prius C
90 day: 61.95 mpg (US)

Daz - '15 Mazda 3 iTouring w/ Tech Package
90 day: 38.2 mpg (US)
Size seems to be decent. Only major complaint is that the mirror is stiff and hard to move, which seems more to be a good thing.

It snowed today. So now I have cold temps + snow, not just cold temps. Bye bye 70 + MPG. 61.1 MPG driving home today at 25-30 MPH still on the Bridgestones.....I have 2 more weeks of driving before returning to Virginia. By the time I get the Nokians, mounted and all I'll probably have about a week left. Is it even worth it to spend the $300 then? I think not but driving on the Bridgestones on icy roads...it didn't do bad or good, but then again I never went above 49 MPH.

I really want Nokian 155/80R13s on VX rims instead of 165/65R14s on HX rims for the weight savings (~3lbs per wheel+tire I think) + narrower tire, but so far I haven't found anyone willing to trade VX rims for HX rims. Not that I expected it, considering how rare VX rims are. Threw a post on InsightCentral, but who knows if it'll get any hits..

Still waiting on that belly pan to arrive.. Daox says he'll let me know when the shift knob is in the mail. Hoping it's before I return to college so I can figure out a clutch mod that works. I really don't want to be driving through the WV mountains with the IMA on and not be able to disable it on will to prevent it from draining and robbing me of what little power I have through forced regen. Climbing those grades will be crazy. Might just disable the battery for the trip, thoughts?

2015 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback w/ Tech Package (wife's car)

Last edited by mpg_numbers_guy; 12-30-2018 at 01:51 AM..