View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 02:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
mpg_numbers_guy
Master EcoModder
 
mpg_numbers_guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Michigan/Virginia
Posts: 1,140

Insight - '06 Honda Insight MT
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 92.32 mpg (US)

Mom's Prius (my driving) - '08 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
Last 3: 60.96 mpg (US)
Thanks: 264
Thanked 362 Times in 279 Posts
If it's just the display on a Tesla it shouldn't be THAT expensive, but if the whole computer system died, I imagine it'd be pretty expensive, unless it was covered by warranty. But I would hope that since the computer is 90% of what makes up a Tesla (the other 10% is 9% battery, 1% car body ) that it wouldn't fail within the first 100k miles..

Sounds about right. Prii are super reliable cars with a much lower maintenance cost than normal, but the stuff that does break is usually more expensive due to the complexity of the hybrid system. Honda's IMA systems are simplicity itself comparatively.
__________________
2006 New Formula Red Honda Insight MT, 265k: (Build thread)
  Reply With Quote