View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 11:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Ryobi 40v snowblower will not start

I cannot find any information about this. Google does not show any relevant results. I absolutely do not understand battery-powered yard tools, but I did not buy it. When the snow was fresh I used all of our extension cords and used my Toro 350 CFM blower to move the snow.

It was definitely easier and faster than shoveling.

We do not have enough cords to clear our entire sidewalk, though, and Mom spent good money on this, so I want to make use of it. I thought I charged the battery before the first snow, but that was for a different Ryobi battery-powered device. Both batteries depleted too low to recharge in the two years since Mom used it. I guess that I have nothing to lose but to try Shouty Kilmer's technique for trying to revive a dead car battery. If it is discharged too low to charge, you connect it to a good charged battery, and let them get to know each other.

I asked Mom to pick up a corded snowblower. Lowe's showed them in stock for $100. She bought another $100 battery instead. I used the snowblower for a good five or ten minutes before the battery died, so I know that it worked. Maybe the battery did not die. Perhaps it was something else. All that I know is there is a power switch just for the headlights and you start it by holding down another button and then pulling the bar, like on a lawnmower.

There are a few lawnmower repair places up here, but they do not do electric, so once again, I need an adult, and I am the best that I have.