View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 01:20 PM   #4411 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc
What if someone start some new stupidity for fun, evem more stupid, spread the idea, just to see how many retards would get into ?
What could be even more stupid and grabe more people?
Tide pods? Bird Boxing?

Quote:
Born at a time when there existed no commercial,electric wind generation,and Bell Lab's photovoltaic cell was yet,three years away,and having lived almost solely off solar and wind for a decade,you might understand my astonishment when I here of a major industrial nation receiving such a large fraction of their load from renewable.
On of the inventors of the solar cell, Daryl Chapin, had relatives in Perrydale, OR. When I was in high school he visited with a 10th scale model car with solar panels on the roof. He shone a flashlight on it and it would move until he stopped tracking with the light.

Quote:
The History and Definition of Solar Cells - ThoughtCo
In 1941, the silicon solar cell was invented by Russell Ohl. Gerald Pearson, Calvin Fuller, and Daryl Chapin - Efficient Solar Cells In 1954, three American researchers, Gerald Pearson, Calvin Fuller and Daryl Chapin, designed a silicon solar cell capable of a six percent energy conversion efficiency with direct sunlight.
https://www.thoughtco.com/history-of...-cells-1992435

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (01-05-2019)