Thread: Coal power
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 03:42 PM   #116 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
almost nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I will believe it when I see it.
That commie nation has done almost nothing to better their environment or the people in it.
China has exploded way past the US as far as CO2 production. Their CO2 production looks like the Mann hockey stick graph.
Surely saying it's a bridge to solar is a joke and I just didn't get it because the government didn't issue me a sense of humor in basic training.
China was on track to open a few dozen coal fired plants in 2019.
Yeah by the time that happens I will be driving what ever made tesla obsolete, be dead and voting democrat.
I'd beg to differ with you.
The other night,a science reporter on PBS,made mention of the fact,that China's hybrid government doesn't have to get things through a Congress,or Supreme Court,and that it can fast-track any project it chooses without opposition.
The US is being left behind in the dust because of the corporate-owned senators and White House which prevent an open market which is politically agnostic.
Our days as an apex predator are numbered.Chalmers Johnson's 'Blow-Back' trilogy is pretty convincing.
The Chinese will probably finish the job the USSR failed to do.
My Political Science professor lectured on this in 1976. Prescient!
Again,the arithmetic is,the load-shedding due to domestic solar will obviate the need for 54-coal-fired power plants.Negawatts.
Just like Texas today.Coal is dead,and when the Barnett shale runs out of gas,those plants will shutter just like Mary Barra's GM assembly plants.
NeilBlanchard (01-07-2019)