View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 11:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I shoveled snow for one to four hours Monday through Friday. The snow blower definitely worked faster than me while it worked, but I fear that I overloaded it, like I did with our electric lawn mower. If I could get it to work, I would clear our driveway and as much of the sidewalk on our street as possible, take it back to recharge, and then shovel for as long as I can.

I did not call Ryobi today. I had not had a good night's sleep in a week or two, went to bed before midnight, and woke up at eleven when someone drove three and a half hours to see me.

We were supposed to finally start working on my head gasket. Awesome, right? The problem is that my employer told us a week or two ago that they needed a new insurance form for every client by the tenth.

I have twenty-five "active" clients, but I have only seen five clients since, and I only have a form filled out for one client.

They keep saying they will withhold pay unless we submit all of our forms on-time. I cannot imagine having all of them back in-time. I plan on asking to remove uncooperative families from my caseload.

So, the friend drove up, Mom woke me, and I said "Hey, sorry, I need to get my families to fill out some paperwork. Do you mind waiting without looking at their personal information?

Two hours later I contacted everyone that I could and made a list of the clients to whom I needed to mail forms, but the post office closed at 1pm, so I took her to lunch, picked up ingredients for dinner, and spent so long in line at Walmart that as soon as we got back we started cooking.

Mom says that we did not eat until after seven, although we were finished by eight.

Mom is a type one diabetic, so I tried to come up with something that was good, but still low in carbohydrates. She loved lasagna, so I decided to make eggplant parmesan, but instead of frying the eggplant, I dipped it in egg, and instead of then dipping it in bread crumbs, I used almond flour.

It was okay. The recipe called for a pound and a half of ground turkey, but my friend suggested that I used the entire two pounds that I bought, which should have been fine, but I think it needed a third more seasoning, and I do not know if she put the oregano on top.

It definitely needed seasoning, but I am not sure seasoning alone would have made it taste good.

Well, I need to write notes to a dozen families, stuff as many SASE envelopes, and ask them to send picture messages so that I have something until their forms arrive. I also need to write session notes, twenty-five progress reports, and upload signature sheets through a new system.

We are supposed to have freezing rain tonight and then up to six inches of snow.

If I miss more sessions due to the weather, at least I will have time to work on my car!