View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 12:37 PM   #46 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden55 View Post
Back to autonomy. I went on a camping trip with some friends this weekend and his grand cherokee has the acc and lka package installed. I noticed the entire time it just made him a lazier driver and he more or less relied on the car to tailgate the driver in front of him the whole time. He even bragged and talked about how good the car was for trips. I told him at the end, "Bro... you're giving me anxiety over here by tailgating literally everyone and having the car ride the damn brakes the whole time."
I see another regression of human skill in favor of technology coming here. lol
ACC usually has an adjustable following distance. Did he have it set to the minimum?

I've been curious about ACC and how it behaves. My normal method is to begin coasting when I see traffic slowing down on the freeway. Rarely do I need to touch the brakes. I even rarely use brakes when in stop and go traffic because I drive the average speed of traffic rather than make sure my bumper is glued to the one in front of me. It takes some of the tediousness out of driving a stick in stop and go traffic too, since I'm rarely using 1st gear or starting from a dead stop.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!