View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 03:06 AM   #43 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.18 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
The mother of a client said that I need to invest in a Subaru for its all-wheel drive. I had one of those. It had fewer miles than most vehicles that I have owned, yet a record amount of maintenance. It got the worst fuel economy of any vehicle that I have owned and I spent still more on repairs.

The cheapest AWD vehicle in the area is a Subaru Outback for $2,700. I cannot imagine that paying for itself, but if I went the winter beater route and just hoped to sell it for 90% of what I paid three months later--it would still probably make more sense to just stay home.

The cheapest allegedly drivable Subaru back in the Phoenix area is $1,900, although there are eleven cheaper Subarus--with horrible problems.

Why do people post cars for $1? I rarely click on those. Does everyone else? Someone put $1 for an old Subaru and did not actually give a price in the description.

I will give you 50˘!

Then of course there are all of the completely unrelated vehicles with random keywords. Why wouldn’t I look for Prii and then fall in love with a Ram?

The cheapest AWD vehicle was a 1998 Explorer v8.

That is exactly what I need!

Searching the Phoenix area for “4x4” I had five pages of vehicles for $1 and dozens more between $3 and $149.

It seemed they referred to hundreds or thousands of dollars, but why? This is one of your greatest investments and you are too lazy to give your actual asking price?

There is a $600 Bronco without a title they use to pull a 27” trailer.

I was not aware they made those.

Why oh why would you “own” a car without the title? What happens if you are pulled over? Do they haul your vehicle one direction and you in another?

Someone is trying to sell a nonrunning “4WD” Sonata for $750.

2000 Jimmy “It is not pretty but seems to run okay.”

I hate you.

Craigslist. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

I will definitely choose to stay home over spending this long in Craigslist. I do not understand how OfferUp is supposed to be any better. It may be more popular in places, but it has fewer search options, and the people are just as lame.

Much of the snow has melted, but dirty roads are horribly muddy. Dirt roads? Who cares?

Everyone canceled, but I wrote many progress reports today. I wish that I had finished them, but for some reason, women that I have taken out decided to interrogate me.

I hope that all of you had good days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00303_bThraSZACpG_1200x900.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	25398