View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 08:35 AM   #163 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
Slowmover,

Scaling it is on my list of things to do, there is a CAT scale not too far from where I work. It is just a time thing, but I will try to make it a point to do that soon. I have my tire pressures at 65PSI right now.

I do try to weigh everything I put on and take off and try to keep the vehicle lighter than it was when I got it. I have and will add weight though for certain things but I try to keep it below the published COG of the vehicle. I have moved a few heavy items lower to help with this.

I have upsized the front sway bar and I would like to add a rear one, but right now until I get a proper alignment it is just handling wonky. I am certain the toe is out from changing the steering gear, it feels twitchy so I am bleeding off extra speed in corners to compensate. Fixing that is my top priority for the vehicle right now.

10-4 on the average fuel economy, I am trying to reduce the total cost of ownership not set some faux number. I could P&G for one tank and get 30+ but that isn’t realistic for my daily commute. I don’t have time nor energy to drive extra just to a-b test fuel economy so my daily commute is my only feedback mechanism for if my changes are helping or hurting which is why I post my single tank numbers, which as you know are easily skewed by just about anything. I always use cruise control, I just haven’t had it in this vehicle until now.
The Following User Says Thank You to aardvarcus For This Useful Post:
slowmover (01-11-2019)