View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 01:51 PM   #4499 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
proclaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I like Scott Adams, so I'll check it out eventually.

The thing that makes GW/GCC believers sound like religious zealots is that any negative event that occurs they will proclaim "see, that's what global warming does". It could be a colder than normal week in Chicago, and we're then told that it's directly attributable to GW, which is directly attributable to human CO2 production.

Thiests make similar proclamations when something complex is attributed to an all-encompassing God did it explanation.

I don't begrudge anyone for behaving that way because people have their reasons for conviction, and if their beliefs are true, it demands a response. They may very well be correct in their broad reflexive proclamation, but the subject deserves as detailed a response as can be articulated. It isn't useful to say "because God" or "because global warming".

That is a reason I keep coming back to this thread though, because plenty of people on here are willing to provide as much info as they can come up with to support their understanding of things.
I suppose that I'll need an expensive cable or satellite service to have access to these abuses.
I scan the normal broadcast media,and except for PBS and AccuWeather.com,I never hear the words 'climate change.'
Their comments are always contextual,conditional,typically referring to a 'record' event,or 'black swan',which are fair game,as these ARE events which are demonstrated to have a correlation,and are always from an actual climatologist,or a messenger using information from a climatologist.