View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 05:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
super wipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficeLinebacker View Post
These cars race in the rain though...what do they have, super wipers?
OfficeLinebacker,you make a good point and my thought is that those cars wipers probably are kinda are super.Even my friend's Porsche 911' wipers floored me! Serious water movement!,and on a production car.With the race cars,The builder may presume that their car will always be "out front" and to -ell with the other racers.Don't know.I have noticed,that in a Beech Bonanza,you don't need wipers,as the airstream is powerful enough to shed the water away.Could be the same in the GTP class,as those beautiful convex $3,000 windshields may help with spray off the other cars.Combined with the fully-articulated single wipers,it may be all they need,and if they don't like it,they can pass into the lead! At least they are all on a closed-course,going in the same direction,the cars are as safe as million-dollar cars can be,and there are paramedics and care-flight helicopters standing by in case of a mishap.And the drivers get paid the big bucks to deal with all of that.Hmmmmmmmmmm where's my Simpson racing suit?