View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 01:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
bradlington
EcoModding Lurker

Air-take verses direct hho injection into manifold

Air intake or PCV injection:

My question to think about is this - most information tends towards air intake injection .I have an issue with this due to the PCV system also drawing air from the air-intake .The science behind the mixing of hydrogen and oxygen with crank gases is possibly endless and not the real question .

In my case I have a modified intake with a performance Cone filter directly onto the throttle body .
The HHO is currently injecting into the center of the cone via a chassis through fitting .

During de-acceleration and long downhills at low speed as well as any other time the foot is off the pedal - what will happen - the butterfly closes and only a small portion of air is actually pulled into the manifold.I assume at this stage the excess hho will be lost to vent to atmosphere.

So the question would be this - would placing the hho into the manifold be more beneficial and provide better gains as it is constantly being used in opposed to air-filter intake where possibly only a portion is actually used.

Anyone done a more scientific look into this one .

My PCV is venting to atmosphere so I do not have PCV injection option - however I will be adding a fixed connection in place of the PCV valve to inject direct in future to make my own observations .

Thanks
Bradley