View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 12:35 PM   #523 (permalink)
litesong
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kach22i View Post
What makes you convinced the mpg differences you saw between a Cross-Over and a Sedan were exclusively the results of aerodynamics?
Of course, I never said such as you remarked. I did mention that Elantra was slightly lighter & less powerful than the Caliber, which might tend to give higher MPG. I did like the Dodge 2 liter engine (designed in conjunction with Hyundai & Mitsubishi) for its reliability AND it was very smooth at idle(sometimes people stated they didn't realize the engine was idling) & smooth at speed.
It was NOT known for great efficiency or power, tho. The CVT helped with the lack of 2liter power. Once, while following a very slow car on the on-ramp to a freeway, I shifted to low & swept around the dawdler & onto the freeway, when given the chance. After establishing my normal 60MPH pace in the slow freeway lane, another car who had been behind me on the on-ramp, drove along side me, & gave me a thumbs up for my assertive slow car pass. Yes, from 35MPH, up to highway speeds, the CVT gave the best possible acceleration for a mild engine & excess car weight.