View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 06:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by litesong View Post
In 2011, I wanted an Eco-Cruze with 6sp. manual tranny. But the Chevy dealers wouldn't come down in price, plus they didn't have any! Went to Hyundai dealers for a cheaper manual tranny Elantra. Couldn't find one locally. Two years passed, & I got an Elantra at a lucky good price, altho it was an automatic. Liked the Elantra. Three years later I got a manual Elantra...... $8500 less than the Eco-Cruze. Them's that wait a while...... "MAY" get what they want. Anyhow, we have two Elantras now(same color THAT I LIKE!), an auto & a manual. I love them both, but my wife only likes the....... MANUAL TRANNY. Three of our four cars have manual trannies. Will four cars last, till we find another manual tranny that we don't have to pay an arm & a leg for?
So you expected to get a deal on a special order Eco-Cruze? Dealers don't stock manuals because they don't sell.

My wife and I wanted a manual when we purchased our Jetta Wagen TDI last year. The dealer had 63 of them on the lot. Only 1 was a manual at it had 130K miles on the odometer. There wasn't another manual advertised in a 150 mile radius.

We ended up with a nice 2014, certified pre-owned, fully loaded, with 33K miles for $13,000.

Such is life.