Thread: new guy, hello
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 08:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
malibuguy
MPG...what?

Terkle - '97 Toyota Tercel Whitehawk
90 day: 40.91 mpg (US)

Bubble - '10 Toyota Yaris base
90 day: 41.88 mpg (US)

Deva - '13 Chevrolet Spark LS
90 day: 39.82 mpg (US)

Malibu5 - '82 Chevrolet Malibu Classic
90 day: 17.61 mpg (US)

Highlander - '06 Toyota Highlander Limited
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to malibuguy
new guy, hello

hello,

the names Greg, i'm big into racing (drag racing & road racing), trying to up the MPGs in my DD Malibu (aka Malibu4)& the fiance's Cavy

my other Malibu (Malibu1) is mainly performance oriented...& got 11.8mpg on my last driving trip (from central MD to Summit Point Raceway in WV..twice)...thats pathetic, filled up both nights

Malibu4, before the engine swap did the trip around 22-23mpg pegging the speedo out most of the way there, the original 267 developed a rod knock, so i scored a '70 307 with 65ish on the clock for 75bucks...its in the car, just i got many other things i need to do before i get to fire it up hoping to keep basically the same mileage initially, then eventully try to step it up

& my fiance's Cavalier....has been staying around the 27mpg range with a DNX muffler & my homemade ram-air, was around 25mpg before...seems awfully low for a 4cyl, but its domestic & i know the fuel maps aren't that great like a Honda or Toyota, but its a reliable little bugger, i need to redo the scoop on the ram-air & seal it up to the opening on the bumper, so all the air gets forced into it, not some in, some around

anyways, thats enough yapping from my end

-greg

-06 Highlander 3.3awd
-10 Yaris sedan
-97 Tercel, 1NZfe swapped
-96 Tercel
-82 Malibu 1UZfe swapped
-19 Fit (wifey ride)

www.pipedreamsfab.com