View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 07:46 AM   #169 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
Once I got all the front end work done, it was pretty obvious my front brakes were dragging. I replaced calipers, pads, hoses, and some hard lines. Bled the system. Then I turned my attention to some fuel lines that had previously been replaced but didn't turn out as nice as I expect. I haven't been able to reinstall the front driveshaft out of worry about the proximity of some of those lines. I was able to build a new bracket and replace the other things I was worried about. I have 150 miles on all that work and it seem to be doing fine.

In other news, I was able to find a deal on some legitimate DOT approved LED headlights with proper optics. They are the redesigned JW Speaker 8900 Evolution 2 5x7 headlights. So I have those in boxes waiting for an opportunity to install.

I am looking at getting big-rig style commercial truck reflectors, led marker lights, and led tail/turn lights to integrate into a custom rear bumper. I am having a hard time finding good information to discern quality and brightness. I am currently considering the ones on superbrightleds, grote supernova, and JW speaker, leaning towards the 4" round ones.