View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 01:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
Hi Eco folks, on this god forsaken place - the internet forums.
Lastly - and this might be controversial, but are there any facebook groups with eco modding in focus. I am sorry if this voilate any rules. But I dont expect much activity on these old forums. So a bigger user base might be achieved on facebook.
Maybe Ecomodder isn't the place for you?

Quote:
How much does better areodynic impcact acceleration? Specific examples at 50-100-150km/h will be much apreciated.
Lowering a car vs underbody panels
Ofc now I can't find the link, but basicly it explained that a flat-bottom and smooth object would actually increase cD when bringing it lower to the ground. Can anyone shed some light on this?
The power needed to push an object through a fluid increases as the cube of the velocity. Mechanical friction increases as the square, so increasing speed requires progressively more power.

The plenum between the ground, the underbody and the tires is complex. Smoother is better. Lower has less frontal area (the tires). A central jet and correct diffuser angle are important.

One of these? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Aygo

First or second generation? Gas or diesel? This vehicle is already probably well sorted, there might not be much low-hanging fruit. You probably won't gain much without a full boat tail. That would gain you about as much as the engine modifications.