View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 01:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
NoD~
Master EcoModder

Frogger - '00 Honda Insight Gas Only (unHybrid)
90 day: 68.51 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg_numbers_guy View Post
Nice! and I agree. I'm currently running it on the bypass for better highway fuel economy, plus the hills here wreak havoc on the IMA.

I'll be doing the meanwell + arduino bypass, of course for offroading only, this spring.

What was/is your plan for flooring and carpeting in the back?
I decided to pull mine out around the same time Ecky did his, but he was far more motivated and did hit trunk first. So I copied his ideas a little by using some foam (XPS, the pink stuff) to build up the floor a little, then I used 1/8" ply and made a frame with 1/2" ply for the door for the spare tire. The flooring is mostly done, but I still have to do the walls and carpet it all. I'll get some pics at some point. I have an 8" subwoofer that sits inside the spare tire and bolted down there, facing up through some grill material in the door to the spare. If I need the spare, I'll have to pull the subwoofer out (I think 8 screws?) first. But, seemed like a good compromise to not eat up trunk space otherwise and sounds great.

I also had to use a modified arduino code as I couldn't get lean burn with the original. You can find details on that in the thread over on insight central. Do the normal way first and see if you need the modified way, first.

Edit: 1/8" is a bit flimsy, I'd recommend 1/4" for anybody looking to do the same thing. I can put in some heavy stuff and it's fine, but it definitely could be a bit beefier as it bows in.