View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 03:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
niky
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJerry View Post
Honda Integra 4.gen p/w ratio 6.3. 0-60mph 5.8. 0-100 is 6.3 because of 2. Gear not reaching 100km/h. Will be about the same p/w, 2.gear +100km/h, 4-5kg lighter wheels, low friction/narrow tyres. 100hp was also just a goal, which I'm sure I'll go beyond. I cant be far off but time will tell.

A stock Aygo will do 0-100 in about 12.5-13s messured with a 20hz gps called Draggy, which is as close to true figures as it gets.
12.5 sounds reasonable. The Mirage 1.2 with 74 hp but less weight and more torque does it in around 11.8. (Garmin GLO, 10Hz via RaceChrono... I've V-Boxed the car, but with a passenger, and it was at 12.5 then. Weight really does a number on these small cars!)

100 bhp and seven seconds might be a very big ask. We did some development work on the Mirage engine when my friend was still in the country, and on these small motors, with basic bolt-ons and an ECU tune (no redline work), we found some 10 hp with a chip and bolt-ons. Granted, with an aggressive tune and the redline raised, you might eke out another few hp, depending on how under-rated the stock motor is and how restrictive the stock exhaust is. (have any links to what modified KRs are doing there? I have friends who'd be interested)... I guess your ceiling is higher, as the KR probably isn't as optimized for low rpm use as the 3A92... which could really use a bigger throttle and more cam.

The electric pump and alt-delete won't gain you as much as on bigger cars. Smaller accessories, smaller draw. Flywheel will help responsiveness, but not much more. I guesstimate you'd gain maybe 3-5 hp for your trouble de-accessorizing the engine.

But then, I'm not familiar with modifying the KR-FE, but say you can hit 100 hp, you still need Super Seven levels of lightness and grip to hit the 7's. So yes, you need to be below 600 kg. Stock weight of the Aygo is around 860+ kg, don't know where you're going to find much in savings past the first fifty or sixty. Full interior strip on one of these cars should net you maybe an extra second off the 100 km/h times, but past 60 km/h or so, at these power levels, it's all aero.
The Following User Says Thank You to niky For This Useful Post:
freebeard (02-20-2019)